There are tons of blog posts recently about how taking mini-breaks is actually productive. I’ve been thinking….what if I want to take lengthy breaks? How can I make that productive?
1. Sporcle. It may sound like a weird dance move but it is actually a quiz website (that you can waste time on while being productive).
My personal favorites are naming U.S. presidents, states, and capitals. I’ve even learned how to name ALL of the countries from the “Countries of the World” quiz.
2. Check the news! Knowing what is happening in the world around you is valuable. Whether you are reading about U.S. politics or another crisis in Egypt, the news is productive (as long as it’s not ENews)!
3. Pick out your outfits for the week. Put on your own fashion show in your bedroom! Picking your outfits out is not only fun but will save you time for the rest of the week.
4. ORGANIZE your Pinterest. Stop just scrolling through Pinterest and actually go through your boards; delete ones you haven’t pinned on in ages (or at all), edit pins that ended up on the wrong board, and change those irrelevant descriptions from other users.
One cluttered wedding board? Nope! I have 5; engagement, food, ideas, decorations, and wardrobe.
5. Make lists. Lists are fun….and even if you don’t complete everything on them they still help you structure your thoughts.
6. Read a Classic Book Online. There are different websites where you can read ebooks for free but my personal favorite is Project Gutenberg.
7. Talk to someone you haven’t in a while.
Blog post coming soon: How My Friends and I Made Giant Settlers of Catan
9. Go out. Go out with co-workers, study partners, peers….bonding is important.
Going to the beach is productive if we call it executive board bonding, right?
10. Blog! Blog! Blog!